Friday, February 22, 2008

Yes, a new post!!!!!!!

Brent and I at Christmas with the whole family doing picture. We were bad this year and didn't do Christmas pictures or letters maybe you'll get a summer one? This year we have been married for 15 years. Crazy huh! Just look at all the grey hair I'm giving him. All us siblings!



All the in laws, I thought this was such a cute picture! We just need to see Spencer's face better!





Sorry guys it's been a while! Yes, really busy but more than that we need a new home computer. Two weeks ago we got a call from the stake that both Brent and I needed to go meet with the Stake pres. When we got to the lobby the whole stake pres. was in the lobby waiting for us. A little nervous yes. They invited us back to President Christensen's office and we sat down. President Christensen said," we'd like to extend to you a release as bishop of the 9th ward" and was totally quiet for about 20 seconds or so and then said,"now that you've had some time to bask in that light we'd like to extend to you a call to serve as the bishop of the new Quail hollow ward." To be honest I was very relieved. I wasn't ready to give up those blessing yet. It does mean that the five years will start over again. Seven years of Blessings. There couldn't be a better time, teenagers,PhD and new job. We need the blessing now more than ever. When Brent is released Jordan will be 19 and off on a mission. Crazy to think that in five short years Jordan will be 19, Cassi will be 18, Jess will be16, Sydney will be 14, Ethan will be 12, and Sicily will be 10. I tell you life is sure speeding up. It seems when the kids were all little that life was like groundhogs day the same stuff everyday, I couldn't even pee by myself. Now everyone is in school all day except Sicily. It's just crazy how fast life is going.




I am going to try and find some pictures to post also. I will try to stay ontop of this blog better. Sure love you all.

6 comments:

Charisse said...

That is exciting for Brent to be the Bishop of a new ward. Did your ward get split? That is a really cute pic of you and Brent. I need to get one of those cds so I can have new family pics. Love you guys!

Honey said...

Yay for a new post! Great pics. I hadn't even thought about the 5 years starting over and can't believe how old your kids will be when he's released - I swear every year goes faster and faster!! I'm having a hard time keeping up already! You guys are great. We love you.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Jean, you look GORGEOUS in those pictures. You get better looking every year. I'm sure you guys will get lots of blessings. Poor Brent is so busy though. It scares me how old your kids are, because it feels like Jord should still be little. If it goes by that quickly for nieces and nephews, imagine how fast my kids will be all grown up! Good job posting again. I was worried you'd abandoned ship. Love you!

Melissa O said...

Jeannie you are just too cute for words. How is the new Quail Hollow Ward. We miss you guys!

Tricia said...

Hooray! I've been looking for a new post. Jeannie all I have to say is I admire the heck out of you. You are one of those people I wish I could be more like.

I agree though....life is going way to fast.

The Cook Fam said...

How fun to see who your family is. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun together.